Monumental Reconstruction of the Rákóczi-Aspremont Mansion
The first written record of the building dates back to 1755, but according to public opinion, the building could have been built earlier. The mentioned date is probably the time of construction when the two formerly ground floor buildings were connected and completed with a new floor.
The northern wing could be a traditional residential building with a three-tract layout, while the southern one a six-tract farm storage building. The vaulted gateway and the central avant-corps, which define the street façade, were created at the time of construction.
Except for two, all the rooms in the building are vaulted, mostly with pendentives, only the grand hall on the upper floor has a trough vault.
Behind the building, there is a wine house, some part of which has been demolished by the former owner. The first step of the planned renovation – while improving the roof structure of the mansion – was the construction of a winery, intended to process the harvest of Mád, but perhaps even that of the Király dűlő, which is the most emblematic slope of entire Tokaj-Hegyalja.
In the next phase, the ground floor of the mansion was renovated, where the winery-related service facilities, offices, tasting room, and kitchens were placed.
In the meantime, the neighboring small house has been renovated, where lower-level accommodation was established, and indigenous fruit trees were planted to the plot above the buildings.
The last phase of the renovation, the design of the high-level accommodation was the most challenging task. Three apartments can be found here, all with two rooms and a bath, plus a veranda-like lounge, a large hall, and a cigar room. Ceiling and wall paintings have been renewed in several places, and “thanks to” the unprofessional exploration carried out by the previous owner, they show traces of several periods at the same time.